Sunday

Alan Hollyoak

Alan Hollyoak Hi all who know or wish to remmember me from 11Sqd. My first exp. in the Sqd. was on an hearts and minds ex. in a place called "Gob" with Staffy Dick Leonard, where we built a school + other bits and bobs..I remmember many names from the time ,inc.Dave Purvis whose wedding I/we (wife) attended in Mellaca..All the lads in Brian Packmans M.T.sec.(I was a young L.Cpl. at the time) Not so fond mems. of a time on the 25 mt. range where the first round upset a hornets nest and 30 on men where left stung and legging it in every direction..of my better times times and qtrs at Bukit Barruh and the party at Fred C. pad,and the small local club,. Tan Jon Kling(where I nearly drowned after being knocked off a small boat on a sea fishing trip, which inc. the sqd. postie ??),Mayfair Gardens, and finallly 17 Stevenson Ave. in camp...Great times and great mems. in the camp nick named " the far east Butlns...

1 comment:

  1. Nobby Clarke 1957-60May 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

    My god it was Butlins by the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment please add your name and any links to the Squadron.
USE CONTACT FORM TO SEND YOUR CONTACT DETAILS EMAIL PHONE ETC. DONT ADD THESE IN COMMENTS